❖ Beatrice Blanche Victoria
from: london, england
status: princess of york, daughter to the duke of york
Beatrice is cousin to Margaret, Louis' intended fiance. She is also third in line to the English throne. While she and Margaret grew up together, and are always by one another's side; they could not be more different. Beatrice is always used to getting her way, and being the head diva. If there is to be a split in the wedding court, you can bet Beatrice will be the cause. Somewhat jealous of all the buzz around her sweet cousin, however she would never let it show. Its a wonder how Margaret manages to put up with Beatrice, guess it is her kind nature. It will be interesting to see how she and Marie mix, considering the two are both A type personalities.
model: ymre stiekema
Yvette Comeaux Euphémie
Miu Hitomi Akihito
Elodia Belén Carlos
Clarice-Hélène Bouchard de Polastron
Patricia Odette Poirier
❖Five Facts about Beatrice
1) She was named after the youngest daughter of Queen Victoria who is Beatrice's fourth-great-grandmother (true fact) and one of her role models.
2) The Duchess of Devonshire, Lady Georgiana Cavendish, is another of her role models. The Duchess is also an ancestor (via her illegitimate daughter with the 2nd Earl Grey, Eliza) of her mother Sarah, the Duchess of York (true fact). She named her beloved puppy Duchess after her.
3) Beatrice has a very complicated relationship with her mother. The Duchess of York is a very ambitious woman and bitter that her husband Prince Andrew, Duke of York was second in line to the throne and she never got to be queen. She pressured her only daughter to be the perfect little princess since the day she was born. Now that Beatrice is third in line to the throne she takes all her bitterness out on her and constantly compares her with her cousins, and especially Margaret. Beatrice loves her cousin, she and Margaret grew up together after all, but her mother's constant remarks poisoned their relationship. Yes, she is jealous that Margaret gets to be Queen of France but lets no one see it. Still she would hate to turn out like her mother so she honestly tries to get over it. Most of the time...
4) Her relationship with her father is much easier. She loves him dearly but hates the fact that he thinks of her only as his spoiled little princess. She blames it on her mother. She might be spoiled even a little vain, OK maybe more than a little, but parties, men and fashion is not all she can do. She is definitely not air headed. She is destined for greatness and she will prove it to him. He is the reason she idolizes powerful and important women and chose to study history and politics at Oxford University instead of fashion or drama like her mother wanted her to.
5) Beatrice has a weakness for macaroons. Ladurée macaroons to be exact. When there are macaroons in the room she is suddenly more pleasant. Dare we say even nice? No, perhaps not...
(in character - interview with press)
1) Ok tell us about your past, where do you come from?
My name is Princess Beatrice Blanche Victoria of York, daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York. As a member of the British royal family I am obviously from England and I was born in London on the 13th of September 21 years ago. My childhood was a whirlwind of palaces and family gatherings. Easter at Buckingham Palace, summer at Windsor Castle, Christmas at Sandringham House... I now have my very own apartment in Kensington Palace. I live a privileged life. Privileged, yes. Carefree, not so much. It is hard work being a princess. I went to the most exclusive boarding school my mother could find along with many of my cousins. I was a straight A student of course and was made Head Girl. Everyone called me Queen B. Fitting, I guess. My only acceptable nickname is B. I studied History and Politics at Oxford University and graduated with honors just a couple of months ago. Surprised? Yes, people tend to think of me as spoiled and superficial. I can't fathom why. *laughs*
2) How do you know Marie, or if you don't what are the circumstances around you being invited to the wedding court?
I have met Marie a couple of times but briefly. We are in the same social circle, you see. I also remember seeing her at one ball or an other as a child. Pretty girl, sweet I guess although she does seem a little air headed. Maybe we can become friends like our ancestors. Did you know that the Duchess of Devonshire and Marie Antoinette were friends? They often wrote to each other and conversed about fashion and what was going on in their countries (true fact). I don't really know her though. The reason I am invited is my cousin Margaret. Yes, I grew up together with the future Queen of France. No, I will not talk a little bit about her, you can ask her whatever you want in person. *roll eyes*
3) Can you tell us a few personal strengths and weaknesses?
Hm, let's see... I am a peoples person, I love socializing and I can be very convincing. I am very perceptive, I have photographic memory and I can read people easily. And lets not forget my incredible presence and sense of fashion. Sometimes a strong first impression is all it takes to dominate a room. I am also a perfectionist which is sometimes a strength and others a weakness. As for my weaknesses, I am spoiled, stubborn and yes, vain. I am as vain as I allow. When it doesn't go my way, which trust me it's next to never, things get ugly.
4) What are you most looking forward to about moving to Versailles and taking part in court?
The macaroons, of course. I hear Marie has a sweet tooth like me. I guess the parties won't be too bad either. Hopefully I'll meet many interesting people and maybe I'll find a prince of my own... *laughs*
5) What is one thing the world should know about you?
I always get what I want. And if you get in my way you get hurt. Badly.
(out of character)
~ why did you choose this character?
I chose Beatrice because she just stood out to me as a character. She intrigued me and made me want to give depth to her personality. I was really inspired and immediately started thinking of a story line that explains how this shallow diva is more than meets the eye and all the drama she can stir. I connected with this character, I did a lot of research and I want her BAD!
~ can you honestly be active?
I honestly can. I have a lot of free time and there are no time consuming obligations in the near future except for the first week of May. I can't see writers block or lack of inspiration being a problem with this character.
~ why should we choose you for this character?
Because I only audition for characters and roleplays that truly intrigue me and once I do I commit to both. I would love to be a part of this roleplay because it is unique and a lot of thought went in it.
@the-clary-project @esprit-de-escalier @modern-bourgeois